How to Make Your Own Pasta
While stuck at home, this is a great time to try all those recipes you have been wanting. Today we are offering tips on how to make your own pasta! Surprise the others in your house with some homemade Italian to shake things up. This pasta recipe is simple to make and does not require a machine. It is designed to feed 4 people.
- Start by piling up your 3 ½ cups of all purpose flour onto a clean flat surface
- Mix in your pinch of salt
- Create a hole in the center of the flour pile and add the cracked eggs to it
- Mix the eggs lightly with a fork and slowly start mixing in the the flour
- Do this until the mixture becomes dough
- For step two start kneading the dough with your hands
- Do this on a floured surface and continue adding flour until your dough is no longer sticky
- If the dough begins to get to dried out, add in small amounts of water
- Usually kneading the pasta dough takes around 8-9 minutes
- The next thing you are going to want to do is divide up your dough into 4 even pieces
- Take each piece and roll it out as flat as possible
- Depending on what shape of noodle you want, roll it out in desired shape (for this one we are suggesting a long rectangle to make pappardelle italian noodles.
- Once the dough is rolled out flat, grab your knife and cut into long strips
- Add a small amount of flour to the cut pasta and hang it on a pasta rack or baking sheet to dry or until ready to eat
- The last thing you need to do is boil the pasta in lightly salted water
- The pasta should only take 2-3 minutes before it is ready
- Drain the pasta
- Add sauce and ENJOY!
We would love to see the dishes you come up with. Tag us on our @readywisefood Instagram page to be featured on our story.